Sunday, October 5, 2014

EXPLORE TAIWAN

Dear reader,

One of Asia must see destination- Taiwan! Taiwan is famous for it's amazing food, cultural and leisure. If you ever make a trip to Asia, you can take Eva air or China airline enroute to Taipei for a few days or a longer layover, this is a place you must see and visit. 

This is also my very first trip I ever plan for myself as a solo traveler, and mapping out my itineraries for a week long vacation! 

Here are some of the places I have been during my time there. 

My Top 2 favorite spots for Taiwanese food : 

Taipei Shilin Night Market - This location is all about food! It is one of the biggest night market and it has almost everything local eatery has to offer! 

Jiu Fen- Unique place with beautiful old building and shops. Hidden in all those shops, there is a market square selling all sort of stuffs like in a night market. It is usually a half day long trip, but it is definitely worth the drive. 


My top sites to gain Taiwanese cultural & historical sites:

Chiang Kai Sek Memorial Hall :

The chiang kai-shek memorial is probably the best historical spot in the city. The gardens surrounding the memorial are beautiful and the hall shows a detailed history of the life of chiang kai-shek and his influence during WWII and the communist revolution. Such a big historical place and the construction is really magnificent! The good thing, the MRT exit is just right next to it. 

National Palace Museum : 

I am a museum lover and I totally spend my whole day at Taiwan National Palace Museum, This is also a must visit attraction in Taiwan. Best to reach early and go off early before the tour groups come in. Once the tour groups is in, it is havoc like a market place filled with people. The museum has tons and tons of collection which you'll need a day or two to finish browsing through all of them. They have amazing artifacts collected all the way to 6000 years back! It is spectacular way to learn about the history and culture of the making of Taiwan.

ANDDD ... Some of the other cool places that I think you must see: 

- Taipei 101 : Definitely one of THE must-go places, especially for a first-time visitor to Taipei. 

- Yeh Liu Geo Park : Must see scenery of Magnificent sea view, unique rock and all the scenery there is marvelous. 

- Favorite clubbing spot : SPARKS at Taipei 101 and ROOM 18, they have very good music and sound and lovely people and great DJ with good mixing. 

- LongSan Temple : A must go place for Buddhist followers, seeing the difference architecture and a beautiful landscapes.

- Xi Men Ding Shopping district : Fantastic sites for all the trendy shopping for low cost! P.S I got my belly piercing done here. 

I hope you enjoy Taipei as much as I do! 
Bon Voyage!












































No comments:

Post a Comment